MBA Group is committed to upholding the highest standards in its search for the most talented professionals
Latest Review/Update: 2020
This notice explains what personal data (information) we will hold about you, how we collect it, and how we will use and may share information about you during the application process. We are required to notify you of this information, under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a ‘privacy notice’) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
2. Who collects the information
MBA Group Ltd (the ‘Company’) is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you.
3. Data protection principles
The Company will comply with the following data protection principles when processing personal information:
3.1 We will process personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
3.2 We will collect personal information for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only, and will not process it in a way that is incompatible with those legitimate purposes.
3.3 We will only process the personal information that is adequate, relevant and necessary for the relevant purposes.
3.4 We will keep accurate and up to date personal information, and take reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal information is deleted or corrected without delay.
3.5 We will keep personal information in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is processed.
3.6 We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that personal information is kept secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
4. About the information we collect and hold
4.1 We may collect the following information up to and including the shortlisting stage of the recruitment process:
- Your name and contact details (i.e. address, home and mobile phone numbers, email address);
- Details of your qualifications, experience, employment history (including job titles (, salary) and working hours) and interests;
- Your racial or ethnic origin, sex and sexual orientation, religious or similar beliefs;
- Information about any criminal record;
- Details of your referees
4.2 We may collect the following information after the shortlisting stage, and before making a final decision to recruit:
- Information about your previous academic and/or employment history, including details of any conduct, grievance or performance issues, appraisals, time and attendance, from references obtained about you from previous employers and/or education providers *;
- Information about your academic (and professional) qualifications *;
- Information about your criminal record, in criminal records certificates (CRCs) and enhanced criminal records certificates (ECRCs) *;)
- Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification and immigration information *;
- A copy of your driving licence *.
4.3 You must (by law or to enter into your contract of employment) give the categories of information marked * above to us to enable us to verify your right to work and suitability for the position.
5. How we collect the information
We may collect this information from you, your referees (details of whom you will have provided), your education provider (, the relevant professional body) (, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)) and the Home Office.
6. Why we collect the information and why we use it
6.1 We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes.
To take steps to enter into a contract;
- For compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. our obligation to check that you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom);
- For the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; and
- For the purposes of our legitimate interests, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
6.2 We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
7. Where information will be held
Information may be held at our offices, third-party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above.